10 Reasons to Visit San Francisco
San Francisco is the fourth most populous city in California, which is the showpiece of the Bay Area, known for its political communities and diverse culture. The city is also known for its hilly terrain, scenic beauty and world class finest restaurants. Below are 10 Reasons to Visit San Francisco:
1. The Weather:
This city boasts some of the best weather anywhere in the world. It’s usually cooler in San Francisco than just outside of the city and because of this it makes it very comfortable to live here year round or to plan a vacation. All of a sudden though the weather changes and the fog takes over and cools off the city. It’s quite amazing and tourists love this city because of this.
2. The Food:
Because of the great diversity here in this city, one can discover a great new cuisine from anywhere in the world. It is a top leader in culinary discovery. One can find a great restaurant highlighting the cuisine from any country in the world, and they do it well.
3. The Shopping:
There are some of the best shopping places right here. The Union Square area of the city is one of the country’s largest shopping neighborhoods in all of the USA. You can find all your favorites like the Gap, Levi’s and Sephora, Neiman’s, Saks Fifth Avenue and Macy’s. You’ll also find some obscure little known boutiques in Union Square or the San Francisco Centre or in one San Francisco’s popular neighborhoods like the Mission district or Pacific Heights.
4. The Walking:
San Francisco is a walking city so bring your walking shoes along. And if you get tired of walking and exploring you can take any of the public transportation choices which are easily available around the city.
5. The Public Transportation:
San Francisco has one of the best Public Transportation systems. So many different choices are available to get you around the city including buses, street cars, above and underground ground Muni trains, BART and boats will all move you around and get you to your desired locations.
6. The Culture:
San Francisco is a melting pot of culture. Here you can find such great food to eat here. It’s because of the diversity that exists here in San Francisco.
7. The Entertainment:
From Broadway shows, to sports events, to concerts, SF is a world class city when it comes to entertainment. And with some of the best venues with a long history like the Fillmore, the Warfield, The Castro Theatre or the Golden Gate Theatre to see these shows, events or concerts it makes the city of San Francisco a world class city for entertainment.
8. The Hills:
The hills add a unique beauty to the city and give it a signature look. Movies like Bullitt and the TV show – The Streets of San Francisco are shot here on the streets of San Francisco. There are some famous shots of the hills overlooking the bay and Bay Bridge
9. The Hotels:
You’ll have so many choices of hotels to pick from when it comes to selecting the hotel you want to stay at in San Fran. There are lots of choices from big luxury hotels to cute, chic tiny boutique hotels. Just search for hotels in SF and you’ll have lots of them.
A visit to San Francisco is incomplete without visiting some of the most famous San Francisco tourist attractions.
The following are some of the top attractions in San Francisco:
1. Alcatraz: Alcatraz Island, located in the middle of San Francisco bay, is an infamous federal penitentiary.
2. Golden Gate Bridge: Stretching 4,200 feet and towering as high as a 65-story building, this well-known bridge is the gateway to San Francisco.
3. Chinatown: Chinatown is an electric neighborhood of 100,000 people. Get a taste of Hong Kong’s present and past with its authentic markets and fantastic restaurants.
4. Fisherman’s Wharf: Fisherman’s Wharf is known for its historic waterfront, delicious seafood, spectacular sights and unique shopping. The area offers some of the most incredible views of the San Francisco Bay, the Golden Gate Bridge and the cityscape.
5. Haight-Ashbury: At the center of the hippie culture of the 1960s, this trendy neighborhood now consists of upscale boutiques, Internet cafes and hip restaurants.
6. Golden Gate National Recreation Area: Golden Gate is the largest urban national park in the world, containing 74,000 acres of land and water.
7. The Exploratorium: The Exploratorium is a collage of hundreds of science, art and human perception exhibits.
8. Presidio National Park: For 218 years, the Presidio served as an army post for three nations. It is now a national park with almost 1,500 acres of hiking and biking trails, beautiful beaches and stunning views.
9. Union Square: Union Square is one of San Francisco’s main retail and cultural centers featuring everything from upscale department stores and boutiques to discount houses.
10. Pier 39: Pier 39, the third most visited attraction in the U.S., offers several waterfront attractions including dining, shopping, live entertainment and sea lions.
If you’re planning a visit to San Francisco and are searching for a suitable hotel to best suit your expectations, stay at our Van Ness Inn Hotel located on Van Ness Avenue providing you free Wi-Fi and daily breakfast. Book directly on our website at http://www.vannessinn.com/reservations
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.